Vauxhall/Opel MDI 2 (Tech 3) OEM Level Diagnostics:
MDI scan tool is the Multi Diagnostics Interface
Works as the high-quality Vauxhall / Opel dealer diagnostic interface
Can be used with Global TIS, GDS 2, Tech2Win software on a new laptop
Provides full dealer level diagnostics and programming
Supports all Vauxhall /Opel 16 pin vehicles from 1996 to 2018.
Comes with full GDS Diagnostics software covering Vauxhall till 2018. Software also includes emulated Tech2 covering Vauxhall, Saab, Isuzu, Suzuki.
A 64bit windows 7 is required to run the Virtualbox software.
* Automatic vehicle recognition.
* DTC reading and removal.
* Complete list of live data streaming for all main ECU.
* Recordable / playback of live data.
* New software flash for existing ECU to fix drivability issues. (online subscription required)
* Programming and installation of new ECU (PCM, ABS, Instrument cluster, air bag, fuel pumps etc.,)
* Programming new keys.
* Setting / removing speed limiters.
* J2534 pass thru offering ECU re-flash and diagnostics for other vehicle manufacturers, when subscribed to their specified software.
* More dealer specific functions.
GM MDI 2 and GDS Background:
MDI is an interface between the vehicle DLC and a PC (by wired USB, and TIS2web.
Can be Used for SPS programming on existing and future SGM vehicles.
Required for diagnostics on new SGM Global A Electrical Architecture Vehicles.
Used with TIS2Web, GM Global Diagnostics System (GDS), SPS and MDI Manager Software.
Allows for GDS diagnostic.
GM Multiple Diagnostic Interface (MDI).
All current and most legacy vehicle protocols: UART, KW2000, CLASS2, GM LAN, etc.
Needed for Global A architechture vehicles.
Supports Service Programming System (SPS). (online subscription required).
Passthrough progrmming on past model and Global A vehicles. (online subscription required).
Supports PC-Based diagnostics with rollout of the Global Diagnositc System (GDS) application
Includes Flight Recorder Mode